Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the Warehouse Supervisor position.
The Warehouse Supervisor will assist the Warehouse Manager in directing and coordinating the storage and distribution operations.
- Assist in the supervision of workers engaged in storing and shipping products and materials.
- Assist Warehouse Manager with the enforcement of food and employee safety programs and activities.
- Assign work orders to material handlers, forklift operators, and warehouse workers.
- Train warehouse personnel on essential functions and company rules.
- Assist in the orders by recording and tracking them in the system.
- Load and unload frozen trucks as needed.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, and purchasing.
- Respond to management questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouse areas, forklifts, and equipment and report any issues to the Manager.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and productive working environment.
- Monitor the freezer storage rotation and FIFO/FEFO programs.
- Be able to back up all warehouse positions, including the Warehouse Manager and all clerical functions during short absences such as vacation or sick time off.
- Assist Manager and warehouse personnel in monthly inventory.
Skills and Abilities Required
- A minimum of 5 years warehouse management experience in food manufacturing or distribution.
- Knowledge of warehouse layout, workflow, and inventory control.
- Highly motivated person that is able to handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to be an independent thinker and find solutions to problems.
- Team-oriented with good people and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, internet, and MRP/ERP systems.
- Must be able to operate power jacks, pallet jacks, sit down and stand-up forklifts.
- Must be forklift certified with more than 3 years of experience.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be able to work Mon-Fri from 10am-7pm
- Must be able to work occasional Saturdays.
Food Safety and Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Warehouse Manager.
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required.
- Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury
- Work in a cold and freezer environments.
- Wear PPE while performing different functions
- Remain in a standing position for long periods of time
- Report work-related accidents or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your director Supervisor.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. The duties listed are subject to change based on business aThis job description does not list all the job duties of this position. The duties listed are subject to change based on business and management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Warehouse Manager. In the case of an absence, the Warehouse Manager will cover this position. Competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid time off. The salary for this position is $55,000 per year.