Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the R&D Technologist position at Cadence.
R&D Technologist (Product Development)
The Product Development R&D Technologist is responsible for the development of new products from concept to commercialization.
- Assist in the development of new products in response to Culinary, Sales and/or customer requests and establish project objectives of moderate complexity.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers, especially sourcing new ingredients and researching MOQs, specifications, pricing and building relationships
- Confer with vendors, packaging and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provide ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs, and customer requirements.
- Prepare benchtop prototypes and analyze using a variety of methods available in the R&D kitchen.
- Maintain concise documentation of tests carried out in the kitchen and record results of the tests.
- Design sensory evaluation protocol, schedule and coordinate sensory evaluation of new products and competitors’ products.
- Carry out shelf life evaluations of new products and potential shelf life extension of existing products.
- Identify, evaluate and inspect products from co-packers and from competitors.
- Maintain databases of ingredient and formula changes.
- Prepare product specifications, set-up formulas and write technical reports and test run plans
- Assist Food Technologist with nutritional analysis and labeling of products.
- Assist the VP of Culinary and Innovation with various projects.
- BS in Food Science or relevant area.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in R&D and/or Culinary within the food manufacturing industry.
- Candidate must possess good documentation skills and be adept at working within programs such as Excel, Word & assorted databases such as Genesis.
- Knowledge of recipes, basic mixing and blending skills and the ability to follow formulations precisely is required.
- Soft skills: We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, a team player and able to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively. Someone with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in commercializing products/processes in the manufacturing environment is desire.
- Knowledge of consumer testing methodologies.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and seek creative solutions
Food Safety and Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Production Manager or Supervisor, Q.A. Department or Management.
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions
- Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury.
- Remain in a normal seated position for long periods of time.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your Manager.
- Must be able to work in three different climate controlled areas. Kitchens, cooler and freezer.
- Must be able to lift occasionally up to 35lbs while bending and turning.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is an exempt position reporting to the VP of Culinary and Innovation. In the case of an absence the Food Technologist will cover this position.