Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the Mechanic position at Cadence.
The Mechanic performs work involving the repair and preventive maintenance of process and mechanical equipment. Duties may involve welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; as well as repairs to buildings, and HVAC.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment including packaging lines, conveyors and batch kettles.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure a safe and continuous equipment operations, maintaining systems to operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions per preventive maintenance schedule and or following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, read blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Prepare records of maintenance activities in web based management system, log books, on batch log sheets, or on work orders.
- Records must indicate all repairs made, parts used, analysis performed, and other related information.
- Prepare and maintain records on spare parts to be able maintain levels of spare parts inventories.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Assist in training personnel as required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a mechanic position within the food manufacturing industry.
- Highly motivated person that is able to handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to be an independent thinker and find solutions to problems.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to work 2nd shift from 2pm-10:30pm plus OT. (The first 30 days will be on 1st shift for training)
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Languages- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred but not required.
Food Safety and Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to Cadence management or your direct supervisor.
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required
- Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury.
- Work in a cold environments.
- Wear PPE while performing different functions.
- Remain in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your director Supervisor.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is a non-exempt, full time position reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. In the case of an absence the Maintenance Supervisor will cover this position.