Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the Machine Operator position at Cadence.
The Production Machine Operator is responsible for operating production machines to package and prepare food products while following the Food and Employee Safety Programs and Guidelines of the Cadence Kitchen.
- Operate machine that packages, freeze or blend products.
- Operate metal detecting machines.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start machines to package or make products.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions to supervisors.
- Monitor lot numbers, expiration dates and/or manufacturing dates for each product.
- Examine and inspect materials and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Record product and packaging information on specified forms and records.
- Seal materials, using a case sealing machine and hand tools.
- Clean materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Transport products, materials, packages and pallets to production and material handling areas.
- Move completed boxes from conveyor line and assemble a pallet of product.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items manually.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Stock and sort product for packaging machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as film rolls, bags, labels, boxes, cartons, stickers, date code letters, ink, or tape.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience in operating machines in a Food Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of food products.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and reading and writing.
- Ability to monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job.
- Ability to work flexible hours including OT.
Food Safety and Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to Cadence management or your direct supervisor
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required
- Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury
- Work in a cold environment
- Wear PPE while performing different functions
- Remain in a standing position for long periods of time
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your director Supervisor
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. The duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is a non-exempt, full-time position reporting to the Production Lead. In the case of an absence, the Production Lead or Supervisor will cover this position.