Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the Food Quality Technician position at Cadence.
Food Quality Technician (QA Tech)
The Food Quality Technician is responsible for inspecting and enforcing the company’s food safety and Quality Assurance Program.
- Responsible for monitoring the company’s quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting scheduled facility observation checks.
- Enforce GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s and Food Safety regulations and policies.
- Monitor product and facility temperature from receiving to shipping.
- Verify HACCP checks are being conducted according to plant HACCP plan.
- Work with production to assure that all products are produced up to specification.
- Conduct organoleptic testing on raw materials and raw products throughout the entire production process.
- Conduct package quality inspection and quality audits and isolate product that does not meet standards.
- Maintain highest possible housekeeping standards to prevent microbial contamination, this will include light sanitation duties to prevent cross contamination during processing.
- Demonstrate accurate and complete documentation control.
- Take corrective action when necessary and communicate the non-compliance to QA Manager.
- Responsible for daily review of fellow QA technician documentation.
Skills and Abilities Required
- 3 year of quality assurance / control experience in Food Manufacturing.
- Experience working in a USDA facility in a QA /QC role.
- Must have experience with H.A.C.C.P., SQF, SOP’s, GMP’s and Food Safety Programs.
- Must be detail orientated with documentation/record keeping
- Must possess computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work in cold environments. (freezers)
- Must be willing to work an 8am-5pm shift, OT as needed and weekends.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bilingual- English and Spanish preferred.
Safety And Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to Cadence management or your direct supervisor.
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required
- Ability to safety and comfortably lift 25 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds rarely.
- Ability to wear all required PPEs.
- Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury.
- Remain in a normal seated position for long periods of time.
- Ability to work on foot for extended periods of time
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is a non-exempt, full time position reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Supervisor.